I originally posted this on May 16, 2010 in YadaYadaYada.
i frakkin’ DID it! i saw. i came. i BAKED it’s my very first time to bake and i got this recipe from a book that i got when i was in the US. i chose the easiest recipe i could find. my first issue was i didn’t know the kitchen appliances and utensils that i have to use aside from, of course, the oven. good thing i have this handy dandy How To Cook Everything application in iTouch. it tells the basic baking equipment every kitchen should have. next issue was where to get the freshest ingredients. the only thing that came to my mind about baking and ingredients was Chocolate Lover. i got practically everything from their store except for the orange juice. the outcome turned out to be pretty it’s not so sweet, with a right mix of fruit, nut and choco, and a little crunchy on the edges but soft and moist at the center. so, without any further blah-blah, i present to you my very first baked product…
*CRANBERRY PECAN CHOCO CHUNK MUFFIN*
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (4 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 tsp orange extract
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or coat it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cranberries, pecans and chocolates into a large bowl. Stir the dry ingredients until they’re all evenly mixed. Make a well at the center.
- In a separate bowl, combine the juice, oil, eggs and orange extract. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir them up until moistened.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (approx. 1/4 cup each).
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan before transferring to wire rack.
- Serve warm. Store in an air tight container. Makes 12 muffins.
Take another look at these gorgeous goodies