Oh how I welcomed you with enthusiasm and hope, 2017. But you made it too challenging for me that I frequently found myself feeling lacking in so many respects, doubting, and making awkward attempts at getting back on track. I will probably get scolded for sounding like someone who doesn’t know how to count her blessings but nope. I am grateful for my blessings but I just needed to let any negativity off my chest first.
I just wanted to say, 2017, you threw so many failures and trials my way that I wanted you to end so quickly. But you also showered me with non-material blessings and taught me a lot of things. And if only for those, I am really thankful.
You blessed me, my family, and friends with good health and that is the best blessing I could ever wish for. Our home continued to be a warm environment for welcoming old friends and new ones. You allowed me to travel, open businesses, and connect with people who I can help and who are likewise helping me. You taught me that God is the greatest provider and that his timing is always perfect. I am, albeit slowly, learning to be patient. To be very, very patient. And in the process, I am learning to take things slowly, and to appreciate the little things that I didn’t seem to notice before. I am learning to pay attention to feelings and relationships, instead of just looking at time, output, and numbers. It’s been a hard year, but it has been my learning ground. Sincerely, I thank you, 2017.
And hello there, 2018! Please be kind. I have the same high hopes and dreams. Thank you for the chance to improve, to do more, to give more, to forgive, and for simply the chance to get it right. While I am a little scared to get heartbroken at times, I am so ready for you. Bring it on, 2018!
—— MY 2018 LIST —–
I am coming up again with my list of things to do in 2018 and I hope to be able to look back and find that I have accomplished most of them. I will also add to the list if there are some things that I hope to do as the days pass by.
Have a journal or planner.DONE. I’m using Passion Planner Classic.
- Exercise with hubby.
- Lose weight.
- Find a healthy diet that I can stick to for the year.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water every day. In progress.
- Do my facial care regimen every day.
- Do not forget to take all vitamins every day.
- Enroll in a class, online or in a traditional setting.
- Finish at least 5 business books.
- Watch a movie shown on the year I was born.
- Launch my travel company. In progress.
- Launch the guesthouse with my friend. In progress.
- Launch an online business.
- Sell our condominium units.
- Travel with friends.
- Travel with family.
- Have a staycation at least once every quarter.
- Prepare a regular meal plan for my toddler.
- Have a household planner and stick to it.
- Manage our household finances and stick to it.
- Grow Tsuiteru.
- Grow Kerrimo.
- Grow Jan’s Kitchen.
- Paint another 60x120cm painting.
- Go to the beach.
- Visit at least 4 provinces this year.
- Watch a concert.
- Watch a play.
- Play with my son at least one hour each day.
- Prepare my son’s lunchbox notes every day.
- Post a blog entry at least 3 times a week.
- Go back to Korea.
- Plan and host a party for my son.
- To teach again.
- Catch the last sunset of the year.