[UPDATED: MARCH 2018] Korean Visa For Filipinos

This post has been updated on March 23, 2018.

Hello, hello! What’s up dear readers and friends? I know it’s been a while since my last post and that I promised to be active in this blog but I still can’t seem to keep that promise. Do know though that I am still around, this blog is among my plans, and that I will continue to keep in touch through blog posts no matter how sporadic they may seem 🙂

In case you’re wondering about what’s keeping me busy, well, I have been occupied by life at home which pretty much revolves around my preschooler as well as some work related to my business. The first quarter is also that time of the year when we celebrate so many occasions — wedding anniversary in January, my son’s birthday in February, and our birthdays (mine and husband’s) in March. That translates to left and right parties at home.

And speaking of birthdays, I just celebrated my 40th but I personally did not choose to have a huge party. I opted for a quiet, peaceful, laid-back, low-key celebration in exchange for something that I have always wanted to do. Can you make a wild guess? 🙂 About 2-3 years ago, when my hubby and I were planning for our respective 40th birthdays, we shared what we have always wanted to do. He was asking if I wanted to tour Europe or maybe go back to the United States. But there’s just one thing that I wanted to do for my 40th and that is to return to and spend some time in Korea.

So there, in exchange for a huge blowout for family and friends, I will be going to Korea this April and I will spend 10 days there — the first 6 days without my husband and preschooler (gosh, just writing about it now is already making me miss them!), and then they will join me in the last 4 days. And that leads me to this post. Whew, what a long intro!

I realized that the most visited and most active post in this blog is the GETTING A KOREAN VISA entry that I first posted in 2012 and updated in 2014. And that needs serious updating; hence, this post. I have chronicled my adventures in my Seoul Series 2012 and Heart and Seoul 2014. I am still thinking about a name for my 2017 adventures but this blog entry is the first in that series. So, without any further blurb, let’s get down to business.



You have probably read my Getting A Korean Visa blog post before. You may also have read other blogs to help you with your visa application. However, the best resource for your needs is the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea itself. You can find everything that you need to know there.

[Hyperlinks are updated as of March 2018]

  • Website of the embassy
  • Visa announcements – This is where you can find announcements related to revision of schedules, BPI and BDO cardholder benefits, etc.
  • Visa requirements – This is where you will find the complete list of requirements for each type of visa application.
  • Downloadable forms – This is where you will find the visa application form, guarantee letter formats, etc.
  • Visa Application Form – This is the direct link to the visa application form. It is a PDF file that you need to print and fill out personally. You don’t need to type out the entries; handwritten form is fine. Just be sure to use block letters or what you call plain capital letters when filling it out.



After completing the required documents, applicants may file their applications at the Consular Office from 8:30-11 am only, every Monday to Friday.  Please arrive early as possible to allow enough time for application process. This is on a first come, first serve basis. No appointment is needed.

Representative may file the applications as long as the documents are complete.  Frequent travellers who have previous tourist visits within 5 years to OECD member countries, those who have at least 2 tourist visits to Korea, and seafarers who plan to transit to Korea should apply at Window 3. Those who have no previous tourists visits within 5 years to OECD member countries, and holders of confirmation of visa issuance number must present their documents at Windows 1 or 2.

List of OECD member countries

Processing takes 5 working days for first time travelers and 3 working days for frequent travelers. This may be extended though, depending on the Consul’s decision.  

Releasing time is only from 1:30-4 pm.

Applicants, especially the First Time travelers, are advised to personally claim their visas.  An interview with the Consul may be required before the result of the application is given.  E-6 Applicants/Entertainers, must personally appear for an interview before the visa can be issued.


Applicants may file their applications at the Consular Office from 8:30-11 am only. Please arrive before 10:30 am to allow time for processing.

Releasing time is from 1:30-4 pm only.

For family applications, documents for proof of relationship is a must. (e.g. Marriage Contract, Birth Certificate)

Family applications should be filed together at the same window, at the same time. Representative may file visa applications for all family members.

Validity of visa is only 3 months from the issue date. Do not apply more than 3 months prior to the date of travel.

Visa processing takes 5 working days for first time travelers, and 3 working days for frequent travelers. There is no expedite processing.

Apply for visa prior to purchasing your airline tickets since visa issuance is subject for approval of the consul in charge. 

Print the application form with A4 size paper.

Visa exemptions are as follows:

If using Philippine Official and Diplomatic Passport.

If transiting only and going to the U.S., Canada, Australia, or New Zealand.  But must not stay beyond 30 days and with confirmed onward ticket to the 3rd country.

If the individual has been to Korea for four (4) times within the past two years with a C2 or C3 visa.  Or has been to Korea for more than ten (10) times already.

If Nationality is among the list of those exempted from securing a visa.  For information, or list of these nationalities, you may visit the website. 


What I’ll post below are the requirements for tourist visa only and I have selected these requirements because I have had personal experience applying for these groups.

For Employees

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 12.23.39 PM

There are some visa officers who are very strict with the order in which the documents are presented while there are some who are lenient. The best practice would be to follow the order in which the documents are listed above, i.e., specifically, the ORIGINAL Certificate of Employment (COE) should come after the photocopies of the OECD visas. Take note that an original COE is required, i.e., not photocopy. If aside from the COE, you also have a professional license issued by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) or Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP), submit a copy of that and insert that after the COE. The same requirements apply whether you are employed by the government or by private companies.


From March 26, 2018, all applicants of Windows 1 and 2 (first time travellers who have not travelled as tourist to OECD member countries within the last 5 years) should submit 2316 form if employed with corresponding COMPANY ALPHALIST (Form 1604 CF with BIR received stamp). Also, please highlight your name in the company alphalist.

All self-employed applicants of Windows 1 and 2 should submit BIR FORM with corresponding PAYMENT RECEIPT from BIR authorized bank.

Without these corresponding requirements, visa application will not be accepted.

For Professionals/Businessmen

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.07.43 PM

If you are managing/operating a registered business or professional/law firm, then you will need to submit copies of registration documents like DTI registration, SEC registration, and Business/Mayor’s Permit. These document are in addition to your PRC or IBP card. However, if you are into solo practice, you only need to present your PRC or IBP card. Take note that the Embassy only requires photocopies of registration documents. You may bring the originals in case they need them for comparison but do not submit them as what’s required are only photocopies.

For Retired Senior Citizens

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.17.01 PM

These requirements apply only to retirees who are senior citizens and who do not have any source of income. If a retiree acts as a business owner, he/she must still submit the documents required for businessmen as shown above. What is important here is the submission of a copy of the senior citizen’s ID as well as proof of ownership of bank accounts. If the bank account is a joint one which is under the name of spouses, then the retiree-applicant must show proof of relationship by submitting a Marriage Certificate. If the retiree has no bank account but, for example, a child will support his travel, the retiree-applicant must submit his/her child’s bank account documents plus proof of relationship such as the child’s Birth Certificate. You do not need to submit the original Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate. Photocopies are allowed.

For Toddlers/Preschoolers/Students/Minors

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.25.29 PM

If your child is a toddler or a preschooler enrolled in a playschool or daycare, then you don’t need to submit a copy of school ID. But if your child is of school age and is going to school, then you will need to submit the school ID. So for minors, you basically submit the same supporting documents required of the parents. If their parents are employed, then you submit the requirements for employees. If self-employed, then you submit the requirements for businessmen or professionals. What is important is that you submit  a copy of the parents’ Marriage Certificate plus a copy of the child’s Birth Certificate.

For Household Staff/Nannies

If you are bringing your yaya or some members of the household staff with you, you may submit the same documents that we submitted. I could not link to the exact requirements from the website because I cannot find one. Please know that the documents I am listing below are the ones that we submitted when we applied for our child’s yaya.

First and foremost, we, as the sponsors for our yaya’s visa, secured our valid Korean visas first. This means that we got our visas first before we proceeded to apply for our yaya’s visa.

  1. Application Form
  2. 1 colored Passport-sized photo pasted on the box provided for in the application form
  3. Original passport of our yaya
  4. Photocopy of the bio-page of her passport (page 2)
  5. If your yaya has previous visas to Japan, US or Korea and has traveled there in the last 5 years, then photocopies of those visas with arrival stamps
  6. Certificate of Employment stating her position, her compensation, when she was hired, house address, contact numbers and email address
  7. Affidavit of Support stating that we will sponsor her visa application as well as support her financial needs during the trip
  8. Photocopy of our valid Korean visas
  9. Supporting documents (please see requirements for employees/businessmen)

For Housewives/Househusbands/Unemployed Individuals

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.50.22 PM

For housewives, househusbands or unemployed individuals, what is important is for the applicant to submit supporting documents pertaining to the person who will sponsor his/her visa and trip, as well as proof of relationship. For housewives or househusbands, they need to show documents pertaining to their employed spouse or spouse doing business. In addition, they need to submit a copy of the Marriage Certificate.

To give another example, suppose that you are unemployed and your brother or sister will support your trip, then you need to submit documents pertaining to your brother or sister’s employment or business. In addition, you need to submit a copy of your parents’ Marriage Certificate, and copies of your Birth Certificates (applicant’s Birth Certificate and brother/sister’s Birth Certificate).

It would be hard to establish relationship for strangers or remote relatives. I am not very familiar with the requirements for such applicants.

For BPI Cardholders

The Embassy of the Republic of Korea has agreed to give BPI Gold Credit Cardholders, BPI Platinum Credit Cardholders, and Gold BPI Express Teller Debit Cardholders multiple-entry visas. The applicant must:

  1. Bring the original credit card which should be under the name of the applicant;
  2. Submit a copy of the credit card; and
  3. Credit Card or Debit Card statement.

These documents are in lieu of the Bank Certificate and Income Tax Return. This means that the applicant does not need to submit a bank certificate and ITR. However, the other supporting documents are still required, i.e., COE, PRC or IBP Card, Business Registration docs. This BPI arrangement is valid until December 31, 2019 as per the Embassy’s announcement dated January 18, 2017.


  • 3 years multiple-entry: BPI Gold Master Cardholders
  • 3-5 years multiple-entry: BPI SkyMiles Platinum Master Card and BPI Amore Visa Platinum Cardholders
  • 3-5 years multiple-entry: Gold BPI Express Teller Debit Cardholders

Eligible applicants are not automatically issued a multiple-entry visa. Issuance of visa whether single or multiple-entry is subject for approval of the consul in-charge.

For BDO Cardholders

The Embassy of the Republic of Korea has agreed to give BDO Gold and Elite Cardholders multiple-entry visas. Applicants who are BDO Gold and Elite cardholders must submit their credit card account statement in lieu of the Bank Certificate and Income Tax Return. All other documents are still needed. This means that the applicant must still submit a COE, or PRC/IBP card, or business documents.

The BDO arrangement is valid until December 31, 2019 as per announcement of the Embassy dated February 6, 2017.


  • 3 years multiple-entry: Gold Visa Credit Card, Gold MasterCard Credit Card, Gold UnionPay Credit Card, Gold JCB Credit Card
  • 3-5 years mutiple-entry: Platinum Visa Credit Card, Titanium/Platinum and World Elite MasterCard Credit Card, Gold/Platinum/Cathay Pacific and American Express Charge Cards issued by BDO, Diamond UnionPay Credit Card, Diners Club Premiere

As stated above, eligible applicants are not automatically issued a multiple-entry visa. Issuance of visa whether single or multiple-entry is subject for approval of the consul in-charge.


Call me OC or what but it is my personality to come to whatever appointment overly prepared. It applies all the more to certain situations like this one, applying for a visa. I read and re-read the requirements over and over again just to be sure that I have everything that is required. And it beats the sanity out of me to see people lining up at the Embassy with incomplete requirements.

I’ve seen people lining up without application forms and they hold the line up by asking the people behind them to reserve their spots so that they can sit down and fill out the form at one of the desks inside. I’ve seen people ask others to reserve their spots so that they can photocopy some documents. I’ve also seen people, already at the visa officer’s window, asking for time so that they can paste their passport-size photos on the correct box in the application form. I’ve seen so much time and money wasted when the officer rejects extra copies of the bank statements because what’s required is just the statement for the last 3 months whereas the applicant would submit statements for the last 6 months.

Original or Photocopy?

The requirements above will tell you whether the Embassy needs the originals or just photocopies. The best practice is to bring the original even if what is required is just a photocopy. Again, the keyword is BRING. Just bring it with you in your envelope or in your bag. Do not submit the original if what is required is just a photocopy. Conversely, if what is required is the original, don’t just bring the original. Be ready to submit it.

How many copies?

Just one copy for each person’s application. What if you are applying for a family and your family members will need your supporting documents? Then bring as many copies as needed so that you can submit one copy per application.

What should you do with the ID photo?

There is a box in the application form specifically designated for the ID photo. Paste your photo there.

On Bank Certificates

A bank certificate is different from a bank statement but you can get both documents from your bank. A bank certificate is some sort of a summary that sets out the type of bank account, when you opened it, your latest balance, as well as your average daily balance. On the other hand, the bank statement is more like a detailed list of the movement of your bank account — all the deposits and withdrawals. What is needed for bank statements is that you present the movement of your account in the last 3 months.


The experience that I had when I applied in 2012 or 2014 was different from what I experienced last week. I am not saying that what I will post below are new requirements or processes. In fact, the requirements did not change and the process remains largely the same. However, there’s a difference with my personal experience from the queue outside the building of the Embassy and even up to when I claimed my passport with approved visa. I am not sure since when the process has been like that but since it has been 3 years since I last applied for a Korean visa, it is only now that I realized that there were small changes in the process.

But just to be clear and safe, let me state that this is my experience at the time I applied for my  visa and that I am not an official spokesperson or representative of the Embassy so please do not construe my narration of experience as something that the Embassy generally implements and that thus, you should expect the same.

Queue Outside the Building

With my experience in 2012, I had to be at the Embassy at 6am so that I can physically fall in line. There was no calling out of names so the drill then was that you just follow the last person in line when you arrive at the Embassy. Because all the applicants were waiting in line, the exterior of the Embassy looked crowded and it started to look that way around 6:45am.

I did the same thing in 2014 and arrived a little past 6am at the Embassy. At that time, the security guard outside the building was handing out queue numbers. Around 7:45am, the security guard started calling out the numbers and that’s the order we followed for entering the premises.

Fast forward to 2017, I arrived at the Embassy around 7:30am and noticed that the exterior wasn’t too crowded. Apparently, the applicants were dispersed as they were looking for shady places because it was too hot. As compared with my 2014 experience where the guards were handing out queue numbers, this time I was asked to write my name on the Visitor’s List.  Around 8am, the security guard started calling out the names in the order that they were signed up in the Visitor’s List. That’s the order for entering the premises.

US Visa vs. OECD Visa

Way back in 2012 and 2014, there was a separate line for “US Visa Holders.” Now, I have observed that the term used is “OECD Visa.” If you want to know who are the OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) member countries, you can visit the OECD Website. The most common OECD visas encountered by the Embassy are US, Japan and Korean visas.

The requirement now for the OECD line is for the applicant to have a valid visa issued in an OECD country and that he/she must have actually traveled to that country in the last 5 years. Had I not traveled to Korea in the last 5 years, I would not have been eligible for the OECD line even if I have a valid US visa. This is because my last travel to the USA was 7 years ago whereas the requirement is that I must have traveled to that country in the last 5 years.

What if you have a valid Japan visa but you have not used it or did not travel to Japan? You are not eligible to queue at the OECD line. Just to be clear, mere possession of a valid visa is not sufficient. The applicant must have traveled to that country in the last 5 years. Otherwise, the applicant will need to queue up at the first-time tourist/visitor line.

What if you have already traveled to Singapore or Taiwan or Hongkong and Macau before? Are you still considered a first-time tourist/visitor? For Korean visa purposes, yes, you are a first time tourist/visitor because those are not OECD member countries.

So, you are qualified for the OECD line but your minor child who is traveling with you is not? Do you need to line up twice, i.e., at the OECD line and at the first-time visitor/tourist line? From our experience, we were allowed to pass the application altogether as a family in the OECD line.

But what if you and your friends are traveling together, some have OECD visas while some don’t? Can your application be processed together at the OECD line? No. Those who don’t have valid OECD visas will need to queue up at the regular line.


I have compiled below some questions that were frequently asked in my Getting A Korean Visa post.

How much is the visa application fee?

I have been asked this question twice at the Embassy. For C3/Tourist visa applicants who are staying in Korea for 59 days only, the application fee is gratis or free. That is, you don’t have to pay for any visa application fee. If you are staying for more than 59 days, then the fee is P1,800 per applicant.

Is personal appearance required?

No. You can ask a representative to do the application and claiming for you. They did not ask for a power of attorney or authorization letter from me when I applied for the other members of my family. But to be on the safe side, prepare one when you go there. When it comes to claiming of visa/passport, don’t forget to remind your representative to bring the claim stub.

How much bank deposit is required?

You might be asking how much bank deposit is required to be reflected in the bank certificate. There’s no hard and fast rule here. What is important is for you to establish strong economic ties with the Philippines and that you can finance your trip. I have heard about someone who only has P40,000 in his bank account but was able to secure a visa because he was able to establish that he has a job and that he can finance his expenses. On the other hand, I have also heard of someone who has P100,000 in his bank account but was not able to get a visa because he was not able to connect his job with his compensation as stated in the COE and also with his ITR.

There’s also someone who just submitted his/her IBP card with only P80,000 deposit but was able to get a multiple-entry visa, while there’s someone who presented a similar IBP card and P300,000 bank deposit but only got a single-entry visa.

So the bottom line is, the grant or denial of visa as well as the appreciation of supporting documents rely solely upon the judgment of the consul. Again, what you need to establish is that you have strong economic ties with the Philippines and that you can finance the expenses for your trip. To prove this, your documents must be consistent, i.e., your COE, your bank accounts, your ITR.

I’ve been reading a lot of horror stories about how hard it is to get a Korean visa. I’m a professional with a steady source of income. What are my chances of getting a visa?

No one can really tell. However, based on stories from other people, they say that those who hold OECD visas are almost always granted a Korean visa.

When should I apply for a visa?

These are the things that you need to consider:

  1. A single-entry visa is valid for 90 days. Just compute for when you want to apply as long as your return to the Philippines falls within that 90-day period.
  2. It just takes 3-5 working days for the visa to be released. You can fly as soon after that or anytime during the validity of your visa.

And that’s it, pansit! This is massive. Totally a long wall of post but I really hope that it will be helpful to all of you. Good luck with your visa applications and stay tuned for my upcoming Korea trip! Annyeong!


The post is based on my personal experience. I have followed the requirements that were outstanding at the time that I applied for our visas. This post does not guarantee the same treatment or the same results with respect to your visa applications. I may also not be able to update this blog regularly so as stated above, the best resource for the requirements is the website of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea itself.

As with my old post, I will try my best to answer your questions. I will skip those that I don’t know the answers to. I will also skip those that I have already answered. And more importantly, I will skip those that seek for a specific legal advice because I don’t wish to be bound by any attorney-client relationship. If your question has not been answered before and is something within my limited knowledge to answer, rest assured that I will get back at you no matter how busy I am.

I will soon launch something that will help people plan for their Korean itineraries and apply for a Korean visa but until then, please do not get my assistance in making or rearranging your itinerary or applying for your visa.

I would like to thank you in advance for reading this blog and I apologize too if I won’t be able to answer all your questions 🙂


278 thoughts on “[UPDATED: MARCH 2018] Korean Visa For Filipinos

  1. Lara says:

    Hi! I just want to ask about my passport validity since i’m planning to apply for a Korean visa. My date of travel is from December 7, 2018 – December 11, 2018. My passport’s date of issue was June 9, 2014 valid until June 8, 2019. Will I still be able to apply for a Korean visa?

  2. Sharlz says:

    Hi Jan,
    I have been wanting to go to Korea, I’ve searched through the official website but nothing there stating that an unemployed individual can apply. I am out of job for quite sometime now, and my boyfriend who is a US Military based in Korea who is supporting me at the moment. I have been to Japan twice for the past 2 years now and planning of going back there before the end of the year while having him as my sponsor. I was wondering if Korea will have the same process?!

  3. Nica says:

    Hello.. we have reserved a promo trip to korea for 5days. So we are to submit our requirements for visa on December 2018. I am currently employed at a government agency. However, am having a doubt regarding the COE to which a landline is also required. Our office does not have a landline, aside from the cellphone, we are only using intranet for communications. Are there any possible alternatives?

  4. mary says:

    hello, may magiging problema po ba sa account ko meron po 3 accoun 1 po ay payroll 2 years na mahigit, 1 remitance mag 1 year na. at ung isa 3 mos pa lang sya savings ko.salamat po

  5. Ruby says:


    I’m currently based in the US and plans to meet my sisters in Korea this coming November. I’ll be the one shouldering the travel expenses. My question is regarding the Affidavit of Support. Can I have it done and notarized here in the US? I can’t use my parents bank account since they’re unemployed and my mom just recently opened a bank account. I hope somebody can help me. Another thing my other sister is still 15 but the other one is 20 years old. Should I need to create a consent form for my younger sister and advise that she’ll be accompanied by my 20 year old sister? Thanks in advance!

  6. Kris says:

    hi, i would like to know what are the chances of my visa application being approved? I’m unemployed but enrolled as an MBA student and planning on applying for a korean visa. My cousin will be paying for the expenses. What are the documents that I needed to submit and how high are the chances of my application being approved? Thank you.

    • califord says:

      i would like to help… 1st, is your cousin in korea? 2nd, you need to secure school certificate and school id, your cousin’s bank certificate and 3 previous months of bank statement… adding to the list is affidavit of support from your cousin… also provide proof of relationship (birth certificates and marriage certificates) so that you can prove the embassy that both of you are related… it is the discretion of the embassy if they will give you visa..

  7. Chris says:

    Got my korean visa approved a few days ago. This will be my second travel outside the country. First was my Taiwan trip last yr. Indicated $1000 in the application form, present a bit more than Php 100000, complied will all the requirements as stated.

  8. Olive says:

    hello Jan. i will be applying for the visa with my daughter. i’m a housewife and she’s employed. about the additional documents i will submit; a copy of her certificate of employment, ITR, and birth certificate, do i have to submit a copy of my birth certificate and marriage certificate? thanks

  9. Gerald says:

    Hi Jan!

    I’m just curious if it will pose as a red flag when I’m transferring funds between my BPI payroll account and personal savings account?

    I always prefer to use BPI’s online banking facility for convenience sake, and I shun away depositing my salary proceeds at the branch.

    Would it be wise to get a separate statement for the two of my accounts to establish the source of funds coming into my personal account?

    Not really sure because of the movement of the funds are purely done via my online banking account.


    Gerald xx

    • Jan says:

      Hi Ana. You mean that part of the form regarding expected total expenses for travel? Yes. That’s actually a lot for the 4 of you if you are doing the typical 5days/4nights 🙂

  10. John says:

    Hi Jan, I have a few questions:

    – Ok lang po ba kung CO-OP? Instead of back statement, pwede po ba yung Passbook?
    – We are thinking to stay in SK for a week, ok na po yung $50,000 for show money.
    – Since we need travel agency to apply for KTV, magkano po kaya sisingilin ng agency? (first timer :D) Any recommendation? 😀

    Can I have your email address for more information. Thank you 🙂

  11. Cherry says:


    I will be attending a Conference in Korea, August this year. However, going to Seoul, I am coming from Osaka, Japan since I have a 10-day short course there.

    Can I already apply for a Korean Visa here in the Philippines? Or I have to apply in Japan?

    Thanks in advance!

  12. Jack Steven says:

    Hi Madam,

    I am planning to pay for a korean package tour next year. Regarding the VISA requirement for Bank Cert/Bank Statement, will a joint account indicating me as the principal/primary depositor be a major issue by the consul for the approval of my VISA? The secondary depositor is my girlfriend and we are not yet married.


  13. Jes says:

    Hello! My brother and I are planning to go to korea together. He will sponsor our trip. Im employed but minimum wage earner. Can i just use his financial documents and itr when i apply for visa? COE lang kasi yung ma pprovide ko. Please reply po

  14. djkit says:

    Hello everyone, I just got approved ME pa… Salamat sa mga blogs na tulad nito dahil nakatulong din talaga… See you guys this Oct 28 to nov 3 hopefully.

      • Shiela luching says:

        Hello jan im applying to apply my visa with my son this sept firstweek using the bpi gold mastercard promo and i was surprised that the embassy would no longer accept walk in applicant is there any option to apply without submitting my documents to travel agency?
        And there is proper format in coe?
        Its ok that my compensation is indicate in my coe? Hope you reply thankyou so much

      • Jan says:

        Hi Shiela. Unfortunately, you can only apply through designated travel agencies only. There is no COE format but it should state the details required by the embassy. Yes, the COE should state your compensation.

      • Jan says:

        Hi Julie. If you have all the requirements for a visa and you don’t think there will be any cause for denial, you can buy the ticket ahead of time. But if you have doubts, you may just wait to get a visa or buy a ticket that allows a refund.

  15. dnah says:

    hi! i just want to ask something, i was approved with single entry last month. so it is only valid until august. but i don’t think i can be able to fly to S.Korea before the visa expiration. may chance ba na madeny ako sa next na application ko? this time i will apply as a group with my family naman. btw, i have been to S.Korea 4 times already using student as my status.

  16. mclv says:

    hello i applied for a tourist visa and the guard who checked the documents placed me in Visa 1 but I already have a OECD visa issued before. I checked their website and said that visa 1 and Visa 2 are only for first time travellers. is that a problem for me? but the consul didn’t say anything about it when she saw my visa stamps but my problem is that it was supposed to be processed only for 3 working days but she gave me 5 working days for my visa to be processed

    • Jan says:

      Hi. It’s not just the presence of an OECD visa but that it must have been used in the last 5 years. Did your OECD visa meet this reqt?

    • Jade says:

      Hi! I just claimed my Kr Single Entry Visa. I was really anxious because I didn’t have the company alpha list nor my ITR from my current company (I just had my previous one and I submitted it) I only had a letter from our HR stating that I’m part of the company and so on. Thanks God I was granted a visa!

  17. chi says:

    Hi! My cousin is an OFW in Malaysia right now. We’re planning to go in Seoul on August. She’ll be coming from Malaysia. Can she send her passport and requirements here in the Philippines so we’ll just be the who will submit and apply to the Korean embassy?

  18. Baby says:

    Hello Jan, have u encountered or experienced applying a visa with a BPI credit card?
    So here’s my case, I’m working here in Singapore and knowing that I could be granted a multiple visa if i apply there with my BPI cc gives me the urge to visit the embassy on my next trip to Phils. BUT i wanted to make sure first if the said promotion is actually real and doable in like 3 days?

    • Jan says:

      Hi Baby, yes. Actually I got my multiple entry because of my BPI card. The application can be done in a few hours. But the release will take 3 working days if you have an OECD visa, or 5 working days if without. Also, by July 1, walk in applicants will no longer be entertained. You need to apply through a designated travel agency.

  19. Alexi says:

    Naka travel na po ako sa Korea last year, July 2017. I was granted single entry visa. kukuha po ako ulit ng Visa this month. Pwede na po ba ako pumila sa OECD lane? 🙂

  20. Jaybee gagarin says:

    Hi ask ko lang po.
    1. Ano po yung pinakamaaga na time na pwedeng pumunta mag qeue sa korean embassy. I hear a lot of stories na as early as 12mn nakapila na daw po mga tao po. My fmaily (siblings, mother, and pamangkin na 2 yrs old and bayaw) is going to korea september 15 so i plan to go and apply now to avail the free visa instead of going to the agency and pay so much.
    2. I already have a multiple korean visa pero since ako andito pp sa manila, ako ang naatasang magsublit mg docs sa embassy. Is this allowed? Di ako kasama sa mga magaapply. Although i will be travelling with them naman po.
    3. We have a 3 yrs old na aksama. Panu po yung sa application form. It needs signature. Ano po gagawin dun? Will the parents sign for the toddler. She isnt going to school yet
    Sana po masagot ninyo po mga tanong ko. Thanks po in advance

    • djkit says:

      Hello sana may sumagot nito kasi tomorrow i will be going to korean embassy as early as 5am- mag breakfast nalang sa tapat may jollibee naman.

      • Quinn Mercy Rodriguez says:

        Hi Jaybee 🙂 have you read this about new application processing of korean embassy
        (Starting July 1, 2018, the Korean Embassy in Manila will be implementing a new visa application process. The requirements are still the same, but this time applicants will need to course their application through any of the embassy’s officially designated travel agencies.) try google it 🙂
        in short no walk in hopeful na sila , pwede kna lng magpaprocess ng document thru agencies.

  21. sai says:

    hi po,
    as a minimum wage earner po excempted po kami sa tax.. so im really worried about the itr req.. as well as the alphalist.
    tia T_T

    • Jan says:

      Hi Sai. The embassy will look at your financial capacity not just to finance your trip, but whether it is strong enough na babalik ka sa Pilipinas. Unfortunately, if you’re employed, you need to present those requirements. It may be questionable if you ask someone to act as a sponsor when you are already working yourself. Isa pa, you have to present bank documents. Those should be consistent with your earnings. So if you’re earning minimum wage, baka di rin sufficient yung nasa bank documents to prove financial capacity. Pag malaki ang nasa bank mo despite earning minimum wage, it will raise a flag din.

  22. cess says:

    hi jan! and how about ofw who is planning to apply in the philippines? what’s the other options for the itr and company alphalist since we ofw dont have it?

  23. Mark says:

    Hi Jan. I was a granted a single-entry Japanese Visa and travelled to Japan last November 2016. Japan, being an OECD country, does that mean I am already exempted from submitting my ITR and the Company Alphalist?

  24. mg says:

    hi, regarding the multiple entry visa using BDO/BPI credit cards, would it be fine to apply through an agency? Because that means I’ll have to give them the actual CC as part of the requirements. And I saw somewhere that the embassy only accepts applications via agencies now. thanks.

  25. Joshebed says:

    Hi Jan. My Aunt will sponsor my trip and I’m confused if i have to include the parent’s documents. If the parent’s documents are needed and, then my father has no job because he resigned but then my mother has; Can I only submit my mother’s documents?

  26. gelli says:

    hi! what if bago palang ang gold credit card mo and wala pa transactions? need pa ba and itr or bank cert? thank you

  27. RobinQ says:

    Hi Jan, I just have few questions that I hope you can accommodate.
    1. Original and Photocopy of valid visa/arrival stamps to OECD countries – For the original copy, does it mean the actual passport itself? Been to Japan a few years back (Single Entry) but already renewed our passports, so meaning I need to submit our old passport to provide them the original visa/stamps from our Japan trip? We plan to apply for ME visas for Japan with our new passports but I’m not sure when, plans for Korea might go first.
    2. Applying as Family – how to arrange the documents/requirements? There’s 3 of us. Does it goes like – All my docs first, then hubby’s then baby’s. When do I insert the Marriage Cert and Birth Cert? at the very last?
    Thank you in advance.

    • Jan says:


      1. Yes you need to present the old passport with valid Japan visa.
      2. Marriage cert – one each for you, spouse and kid. For you and your spouse, you can put it after your joint bank accounts. For the kid, you can put it after the affidavit of support.
      3. Birth cert – just for the kid after your marriage cert.

  28. kait says:

    Hello! I’m a student who is applying for a Korean visa, so the requirements i will be submitting are from my parents. A bank certificate is part of the requirement (and it says on the list that there should be a 6-month ADB indicated), but my mother made her bank account last February, which is less than 3 months ago, for a totally different reason (family reasons). Did the chance of my visa getting approved get lesser because of that? Or is it okay? I hope you can answer this asap 😦 I’m so worried about it 😦 But thank you so much in advance!

  29. Kitchie says:

    Hi Jan! its me again how can I contact you via email?
    An agent from a travel agency told me that walk in applicants in Korea are no longer allowed. How true ?

  30. Jane says:

    hi! tanong ko lang po. okay lang ba na ilagay ko yung sister ko as sponsor since mayroon siyang bpi gold card but supplementary lang ng parents ko since OFW sila para di na ko mamroblema sa pagpass ng ITR since exempted yung parents ko. Buong family kami punta ng korea pero kami na lang ng sister ko sabay mag-aapply for visa. i’m still a student but hindi na minor. another question, kailangan ko pa po ba ng affidavit of support from my sister? thank you!

  31. Clint Dumdum says:

    I’m gonna surprise my mom to go to Korea with me and I’m gonna finance the whole trip. According to the requirements above, most of the needed documents are with my dad. But he is uneemployed as of the moment. Can I just provide the docs instead (especially the bank account)?

    • Jan says:

      Hi Clint. I am quite confused with your question. If you will finance the trip, then how come you can’t produce the documents?

      • Hitchel Clint Dumdum says:

        Hi Jan! Sorry for the confusion. Most of the sites I’ve read requires husband’s bank information (since my my mother is married). So since I’ll be financing the trip, can I just replace all the requirements related to my father with mine?

  32. SHAI says:


    me and my son (13 years old) would like to visit a family member in seoul.

    iam about to apply a korean visa. we ready all the requirements needed.

    my question is: do i still need to bring my son with me during the visa application or its ok that i will be the only one who will pass the visa application form and his requirements?

  33. zhie says:

    hello, would like to ask my husband is an OFW wala kc syang ITR and Bank account under his name. is it possible kaya na requirements ko na lang gagamitin nya kc employed naman ako and recently galing lang ako ng korea and we are planning na pag bakasyon nya dito sa pinas eh pupunta kami ng korea. Thank you very much..

  34. JJ says:

    Very informative. Thank you.
    I just wish people would not be too lazy in reading the whole post. There are questions that keep coming up that had been answered in the post.

  35. Kitchie says:

    Hi Jan! I was previously granted a Korean visa ( twice ) but on my third attempt I was denied.I even posted it here in the section comment but I can’t find the thread anymore. Now next month I can already try again after six months. My question is – Prior to this I went to Jeju island twice
    so – Am I eligible for a multiple visa entry? Will I get denied again? I am afraid to submit my application.

    • Jan says:

      Hi Kitchie. Were you denied a visa? Or were you given one but it was not a multiple entry visa? It is hard to answer if your application will be granted or denied because I don’t know your personal circumstances nor the documents you will submit. Hope though that your next application will be granted.

      • Kitchie says:

        Hi yes I was denied a visa last December 2017 – It was my third time applying ( I got two approved visas) so it was really shocking. Next month I can apply for a tourist visa again since it has been six months already. I’d been to South Korea four times ( two times in Jeju alone after my visa got denied) I was asking you if you ever heard about someone granted a multiple visa after visiting Korea four times within two years. But I think it will be impossible so I might as well go for gratis. I have a credit card bpi but not yet gold

      • Jan says:

        I have not heard about someone getting a multiple entry visa after a visa denial. May I know the reason for denial?

      • Jan says:

        Maybe the embassy misconstrued what you meant by “experience the full winter” as you wanting to stay for the duration of winter which typically lasts from December to February, and could not connect it with tourism.

      • Kitchie says:

        ah I was answering you honestly but in my application I didn’t answer that way.I wrote a blog about it – my own analysis why I got denied

    • Jan says:

      Hi Clarissa, thanks for pointing this out. As the requirements now stand, the re-application period is 6 months not one month. But my post was originally uploaded in 2012 and is only modified and updated as necessary. I missed updating this part. Back then, one of my tour companion’s visa application was denied and he was told to re-apply after one month. Sorry for the confusion and hope this answers your question.

  36. tb says:

    hi. i requested for my bank certificate, but my bank only indicated my current balance without the ave daily balance and date when i opened my account.. is it okay ot use it?

  37. heyleyha says:

    Hi, if my parents are going to sponsor my trip, do I need an affidavit of support or a guarantee letter? Does it have it be notarized? If yes, is there any specific format I have to follow, or do you have a sample format that can be used? Thank you!

      • heyleyha says:

        Thank you!

        For the bank certificate and bank statement, do they have to be issued on the same day? Is there any ‘expiry date’ from when they were issued to the date I would be applying?

      • Jan says:

        They don’t need to be issued on the same day but since you are already going to the bank to get either, you might as well get both at the same time. I don’t understand what you meant by “expiry” but the requirement is that on the date/month that you apply, count three months back. That is the period for which you must have a bank statement.

  38. ana says:

    hi thanks for the reply.. regarding the alphalist. anyone here got there alphalist from their company? our company does not provide documents kasi breach of dat privacy law kasi sya.. its so unfair nmn kung madeny visa natin if alam nila na matataman yung privacy law db

      • Alyssa says:

        Hi is the written explanation should come from the hr? or can we write it ourselves? because that’s what i am planning to do. I tried to ask and reason out to our hr department regarding the explanation letter but they don’t want to give explanation letter as well they just told me to call them for confirmation.

      • Jan says:

        There’s no requirement as to who should issue the written explanation. I advise my clients though to get the explanation from the HR because the AlphaList requirement should come from them and they are in the best position to explain why they can’t issue the same. You may also write your own explanation to state that you are not providing the AlphaList because your HR won’t issue it. As between the two though, I personally believe the one from the HR bears more weight.

      • Jan says:

        Hi Alyssa. Yes, I know about the link but the wait time is just 3 days for a tourist visa so I don’t use it at all. But thank you for sharing about it and your approved visa! At least we now know that someone has her visa approved by submitting a personal letter of explanation in lieu of the AlphaList requirement. Congrats 🙂

  39. edermendoza87 says:

    Hello! I am planning to apply for a visa to visit a friend. I have all the required docs except for the bank statement (payroll account), I know I can easily request for it but my worry is about the balance. One option I have is for my friend to deposit money on my account and then request for a statement. I have read somewhere that one time deposit of a huge chunk of money would raise an immediate red flag to the consul? Is this true? I am just confused, reading thru the comments here, I see it was mentioned that you can just deposit money to support your travel. Help please 🙂 Thanks!

    • Jan says:

      Hi! Yes, an extraordinary amount that goes into an account is questionable. This is why the embassy now asks for a bank statement. Through that, the embassy can check the regular movement, i.e. what regularly comes in and out of the bank account.

  40. Sari says:

    Hi! Just want to ask something since may bagong requirement for first time travellers. Also I’ll be availing the BDO promo and we’ll apply as a family. Would you know if paano or san makakakuha nung Company Alphalist (Form 1604 CF with BIR received stamp) since it’s needed for first time travellers for Windows 1 and 2? Thank you so much!

  41. athena J deocampoi says:

    Hi po,ask q lng po na sa susunod q pong application po ng korean visa this upcoming july eh need q pa po ba magprovide ng itr with alphalist po kaht na kakatravel q lng po nitong march lang sa south korea? Pang 1st q p lng pong trip s korea ung nitong march po.slamt

  42. Kmdbarredo says:

    I want to avail bpi credit card promo, since i have one that qualifies. However, i am currently unemployed (i’m a recent board passer). My parents and sister will be sponsoring this trip for me as a gift. 🙂

    Do you think i can apply using the bpi promo (sayang ang multiple entry opportunity. Hehehe) or should i try the “normal” visa application process?

    Thank you and God bless. 🙂

  43. ana says:

    Hi Me and my husband (plus my 2 kids) are planning to visit korea in Dec. is 200k show money ok? and can we use our joint account since married naman kami. Or kelangan personal account padin? as for requirements kelangan pa naming parents mag submit ng birth cert or marriage cert nalang and sa kids birth cert? thanks in advance

    • Jan says:

      Yes, Ana. You can use your joint account but you need to present your marriage certificate to establish relationship. For your kids, yes, you need to present their birth certificates too.

  44. Lhove S Tolentino says:

    Hi JAN,

    We are planning a trip to Korea with my husband and daughter on December, would it be possible if we could apply for a Visa as early as now?

    I mean we can apply a multiple-entry visa, kasi we have a card BPI and BDO. the reason why i want to apply as early as now if we get approve kasi we don’t need to apply a visa na on November 2018. kasi we have travel dates na on december 2018.

    If ma reject naman yung application namin. we can apply on november for single visa,kasi diba after 6 months ka pa ulit maka pag aaply pag na denied.

    Thank you thank you… hoping to hear you back po. @ mrasalarzon@amcon.com.ph

  45. owtown says:

    Hi miss Jan..

    me and my parents we’re planning to go to SK this May.. i’m currently unemployed since 2016 but my mother will support my finance on our vacation and I don’t have a bank account by myself too.. and also how we can apply as a family on the embassy.. what do we need to bring.. and also do we need to be all present there or just one of us to pass the requirements and interview.. Thank you for your response.. 🙂

    • Jan says:

      Hi Anne. Same documents for employees. There are fferent requirements for “retired” senior citizens. But if senior has any means of income (from business or from employment), the requirements for businessmen or employees will apply.

      • jen says:

        hi domestic helper po ako dito sa.hongkong want ko sna mag tour sa.korea on july..ano po ba requirements pag ofw ang mag aaply..tnx

      • Jan says:

        Hi Jen. Di ako familiat sa requirements for OFWs, kung same lang ba sya or different than for employed individuals.

  46. Josebel Condino says:

    Good afternoon Ms. Jan!
    I’m planning to apply for Korean tourist Visa next month kasama po boyfriend ko (Korean). I’m just worried about kasi ITR. at meron po akong BPI account (open 3 years ago) pero naubos ko po and savings ko for my brother studies at expenses ng maaksidente Mom ko. nagstart po ako uli magdeposit this month. Okay lang po ba yon? At Korean boyfriend ko po magsponsor sa trip ko at sa kanila rin po magstastay. Ano po ba ang requirements na kailan niya? Online tutor po ako. Sa salary ko naman po mayroon po akong Korean ATM napinadala ng manager ko kaso under po ng asawa niy. Hindi po nkapangalan sa kanya. ano po ba ang dapat kung gawin?
    Maraming salamat po.

  47. Mia katrina balahay says:

    Hi miss jan,

    Ask ko lng po kung anu po mganda gawin,employed po aq and im planning mag apply ng korean tourist visa dis may,yong payroll account ko po kasi di po aq nag iiwan ng pera,may other bank account po aq na open ko sya last march 2017 peru dko rin sya nalalagyan ng savings,yong savings ko po kasi now nkatabj lng sa office namin sa vault nsa mga 50k po sya,ask ko lng po sana if saan mganda i deposit yobg pang show money ko sa payroll account po ba or don sa isang kong account.

    Thanks po sa rply.

    • Mia katrina balahay says:

      dagdag ko na rin po pla,kaya po solo aq may pinsan po kasi aq duon,pru di nya pa po aq pwd ma invite kasi po di pa sya citizen,mas mganda po ba sabihin na mag visit aq duon sa pinsan ko or,mag tour lng po tlaga aq duon.

    • Jan says:

      Hi Mia. It does not matter but if you choose to deposit it in the other bank account, still get a bank cert / statement for the payroll account. Personally though, if I were to apply in your shoes, I would just deposit the money back into the payroll account and get bank docs just for one account.

  48. Maria says:

    Hello! magaapply po ako ng Korean Visa this March, ask ko lang kung okay lang po bang puro deposit yung movement ko sa bank account ko? No withdraw. Thanks

  49. Jeel says:

    I hope someone could help me with our application. Now sk has no work, no visa policy. Last oct. my husband (unemployed) applied for a visa to sk and got denied but i was his guarantor at that time. I figured maybe he got denied bec we didnt pass a affidavit of support and we were unprepared and we applied the visa separately because im an ofw in the middle east. So, i got my visa and he wasnt approved and we just went to jeju island.

    Now, i was hoping to apply a sk visa together with my husband and son this may when i get home. Im really nervous that we might get rejected again as i dont have bank account in the phil. I mostly remit through cebuana or my husband’s account which is newly opened last jan.
    Please what would be the best advice to pass ? ?? Im really confused. Thank you

  50. djkit says:

    Just an Additional information- Tinawagan ko mismo ang Korean Embassy sa BGC at nagtanung ako ng requirements-
    if BPI Gold master card holder – no need to pass ITR and Bank statement – What you need to pass along with the important documentation are Billing statement lang ng Latest BPI CC mo and Xerox Copy ng CC mo back to back.
    off course you need COE, IF member ng OECD, as usual Xerox and original copy Passport and US visa.
    Passport size picture
    Application form ng VISA
    hope it helps…

  51. sunshine says:

    nagpunta na po ako sa korea last year (end of february 2017) then nag apply po ulit ako ng visa. employed and my coe and itr naman. may chances kaya na ma approved po ako ulit? medyo ng woworry lng 😦

    • Jan says:

      Hi Sunshine, unless may reason not to approve this time, I don’t think your application will be denied assuming your circumstances and documentation are the same as when you applied before.

  52. Alvin says:

    Regarding sa Bank Certificate from BDO, as of January 29, 2018 ay meron daw silang bagong format ng certificate kung saan walang nakalagay na Account Opening Date at ADB.
    Okay lang po ba yun as is kahit walang account opening date at ADB?

  53. maerin1992 says:

    Hi. I hope my post gets noticed this time. LOL
    Do I still have to pass an ITR? I already went to South Korea last December 2017, and I’m planning to go again this Holy Week.

  54. alex says:

    Hi. My cousin and I are both fresh graduates and are both unemployed (since we’re going to take medicine this school year) and we’re planning to go to Korea for a vacation before school starts but how are we going to apply for a visa?

  55. Melody Luczon says:

    Hi! Thank you so much for this article. Really appreciate all the information you have shared. Very useful talaga! Btw, would like to ask lang – I left the company I used to work with April/2017 because I wanted to rest, since I had my 2nd miscarriage March/2017. My partner and I recently booked a trip to Korea for Feb/1-5 2018. Since I am currently unemployed and we are not married, what other supporting documents should I submit since I can’t provide the COE? What can I submit to establish our relationship as live-in partners? We both have previous trips to other OECD member countries (Australia, France & Japan) for past 5 years… Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

    • Jan says:

      Hi Melody. Thanks for dropping by. Glad that you found the post helpful 🙂 You don’t need to submit an alternative to the COE. If your company issued a final certificate stating your length of stay at the company as well as their waiver of any claim against you (sort of a clearance), you can submit that. Even without that, it’s fine. At any rate, your company would have issued you BIR Form 2316 for all the taxes they withheld from you. The covered period in the 2316 is enough to indicate that your employment has ended on April 2017. As regards your live-in partner though, there is no other way to establish personal relationship. You may opt to show some sort of a business relationship but that would require business documents. Ultimately, you’ll be considered as individual applicants with no relationship to each other (i.e., not considered family application).

      • Marione says:

        Hi Ms. Jan, I am currently unemployed. I resigned from my previous job last Sept 2017 and my trip to Korea will be on Mar 2018. Dito lang po sa thread niyo na nakita kong I have 2 options.
        1. I can submit my COE, clearance and BIR Form 2316 from my previous job?
        > Meron po ako both COE and clearance from my previous company. I can ask them for my BIR form 2316. So even the bank docs will be under my name.
        2. I can submit an Affidavit of Support (under my mom)
        > So bank docs will be under her name

        I have no problem po with the bank acct kaso po ang worry ko is regarding my unemployed status. So my question is, which of the 2 options do you think will lead me to a higher chance of being approved a Korean visa?

        Thank you so much!

      • Melody says:

        Hi Jan!
        Thank you so much for ypur help. The information you have shared has really helped me a lot… It actually calmed me down! Haha!
        I have already received my passport, 2 days ago and was granted a visa! Woohoo!
        Time to shop for some winter clothes! 😅

  56. djkit says:

    hi, I already replaced my CC from skymiles to Gold which makes me exempted I hope sa ITR,but i will still submit Bank cert for sure however, yung meaning ng frequent traveller sa OECD member within 5 years, ang question ko.. for example i am in the US now, stayed here as a tourist for 1 month, the last time na nagpunta ako ay 2014 pa, that makes 3 yrs. ago, considered bang Frequent traveller ako? pagkakaintindi ko kasi is taon taon ang frequent flyer eh. thanks po sa reply.

  57. Jsy893 says:

    Hi 😊
    I just wanna ask regarding my bank account. Actually, I have no problems with all other documents they require except for this.
    I’m worried about it kasi I just opened a bank account in BDO last November 7 2017, and my flight to SK would be on March 13 2018. I’m planning to apply Korean Visa on February 2018 when my bank account reached 3 months. My bank account was previously in AUB (I closed it already) as time deposit and I just transferred them to BDO as savings account. I’m not sure if the embassy would consider it. Is there anything I can do with it?
    I also have time deposit with Chinabank pero joint account siya. So wala masyadong movement. Is it okay to submit a bank cert? (Parang 2 bank cert na isusubmit ko if ever)

    *I am employed in a bank for 3 yrs. I can present ITR and COE naman. My only problem is the account opening date of my bdo savings.

    Help? Hehe thank you.

    • Jan says:

      Hi. No problem with the BDO account even if it’s just 3 months old. But if I were you, I will submit the Chinabank documents too. It’s ok if there’s no movement because they’ll figure out that it is a time deposit, but you need to still submit both the bank certificate or bank statement for the two bank accounts. Hope this helps and good luck!

      • Jsy893 says:

        Last na 😋

        Is it okay na gumawa din ng letter of explanation na parang transfer of fund lang siya from AUB to BDO then I’ll attach the scanned copies of my previous certificate of time deposit i had with aub?

        Thank you so much! 😊
        Thank you.

      • Jan says:

        I think there is no need but if the BDO account has the more substantial amount than the one in Chinabank and you feel that you want to prove that the funds were legitimately accummulated from a previous bank account, then you may do so as a security blanket.

  58. Djkit says:

    Hi ask ko lang po. I have a bpi skymiles regular master card.. ndi nga lang listed para maexempt ka sa itr, since part time lang work ko at pwede naman ako mag submit ng bank cert and or statement. At coe my question is yung itr ko. Pwede na kaya yung CC ko? Thanks sa sasagot

    • Jan says:

      Hi Kit, qualified credit card holders are exempt from presenting the bank cert, bank statement and ITR, not just the ITR alone, or just the bank documents alone. If your credit card is not among those qualified, then you need to submit all documents.

      • djkit says:

        I see but in my case i have BPI skymiles mastercard, hindi siya platinum.. wala kasi ako ITR so yun ang problema ko.

  59. Mamoo says:

    Hi! When I apply for a Korean visa this coming March, I will take advantage of the BPI Gold card promo. Do I still need to submit a Bank Statement? It says on the site that only Bank Certificate and ITR are exempted. Thanks in advance!

    • Jan says:

      Hi Mamoo, you don’t need to submit the bank statement, bank certificate, and ITR. The only crucial requirement is that you need to submit the ORIGINAL CREDIT CARD STATEMENT. If you’re getting your statement online, i.e., by email, you need to go to your bank and request for an original which is something printed on their official letterhead. Hope this helps.

      • djkit says:

        hi po, ask ko lang what do you mean by the Original cc statement to be submitted for visa application? ito ba yung monthly statement niya to pay the bills? kasi kapag Gold master card exempted na sa bank cert at ITR.

      • freedom says:

        Hi Jan,
        regarding sa SOA need ba na current sya? I mean di pwede ung old 2016-2017 SOA?
        Thank you!

      • Jan says:

        I don’t think I understand your question. Are you referring to the bank statement? The requirement is for the last 3 months.

  60. Skye says:

    Hey there,
    Im currently working under my parent’s company and Im also doing freelance work. My problem is producing an ITR since I just started working for them this October 2017. Would it be okay if I dont have my ITR submitted? I already have all of the documents needed except for the ITR and more (like Parent’s Bank Certificate, Business Registration and Permit) since I put my parents under Financial Support.

    • Jan says:

      Hi Skye. If you are submitting your parents’ financial documents as your visa sponsor, then you don’t need to submit your ITR. Instead, you need to submit your parents’ ITR along with their other documents. Hope this helps.

  61. Charlie V says:

    Hi Jan,

    Happy holidays!

    I find this post really helpful! Just a question though as I am confused. I visited Japan earlier this year with my single-entry tourist visa. Since it’s not a multiple-entry visa, is it still considered as a valid OECD visa?

    Thank you.

  62. madenferrer says:

    Hi Jan, What if I recently resigned (October) and got a new job in October still. And plans to go to South Korea this January 2018. I will present my ITR with a different company. Will it there be any drawbacks with that scenario? Should I write a letter of explanation? Thanks!

    • Jan says:

      If I am not mistaken, you will only be presenting your 2316 for year2016 even if you transferred employer. And even if you have different ITRs/2316, thst is fine still.

  63. Anne Dominguez says:

    Hi po. Question lang po regarding korea visa application for unemployed filipino. I’m about to get married next week and he plans to have our honeymoon in korea for 4 days. Ano po need ko requirements if i dont have coe? Thanks

  64. Jaja says:

    I am a government employee and our HR has already issued me an Authority to Travel Letter (this is necessary for govt employees if they are travelling outside the country). I have been in Korea last Oct 2013. I was in Japan last year and had traveled in several Asian countries as well. When I first went to Korea, I was working in a private company and now I am a government employee for 3 years. I will go to the embassy the first week of Dec since my target flight is Feb. My question is, do they usually deny government employees?

      • Jaja says:

        The thing is, I’m actually having thoughts of buying my tickets. However, the more my planned flight schedule nears, the faster the tickets gets higher.
        Do you think it’s okay for me to buy my tickets earlier or do I still have to wait for my visa?
        By the way, it’s personal vacation and not official matter. But since I am a government employee, I have to secure a Travel Authority.

        Thank you.

  65. barbie says:

    hi miss jan, I am planning to have a vacation tour in korea with my 2 kids next year on their summer vacation. I am self-employed and have a small bussiness. The only ITR I have is ITR FORM 1701. As I am reading your article BPI bank is their accredited bank, I felt a little nervous because my bank accnt is not on BPI. This is our 1st travel abroad and I am hoping that our plan will succeed, I want my children to experience the excitement and pleasure lies within the KPOP land. please enlightened me miss jan about this thank you God bless po!

    • Jan says:

      Hi Barbie, you might have misunderstood that the Embassy has “accredited” banks. There is no such thing. You can present a bank account from any bank. They only give certain documentary exemptions for BPI and BDO credit cardholders but it does not mean that if you don’t have a bank account with BPI or BDO you can’t apply. Hope this makes it clearer. Good luck!

  66. DZeusDacz says:

    Hi to all! Inputs naman po kung paano ang pag apply ng K Visa kung ang husband ko is currently working as OFW in Singapore at ako naman ay housewife dito sa Philippines? Dito ko po ba sa pinas I-apply ng visa si husband or mag apply sya on his own sa Singapore? Hope may makasagot! Thank you in advance. 😊

  67. Nao Zulueta says:

    Hello 🙂 I’m applying for a Student Visa, our school schedules a study tour in seoul south korea this November 2017. I would like to ask if paano po kung yung father ko po yung mag sponsor ng financial support ko pero he already resigned from his work since July 2017, and his company id po kailangan ibalik sa company kasi nga since he resigned. Pwede po ba yung requirements na ipasa ko is for housewife (bank cert. and marriage cert?) Thank youuu.

    • Jan says:

      Hi Nao. You can still submit your father’s documents. Upon his resignation, his company would have issued him a final certificate of employment stating his tenure at the company and that he is cleared, plus the updated BIR form 2316. You can submit those documents along with the bank cert, etc.

  68. percy says:

    Hi Jan!
    My auntie is planning to take her sister in a trip to korea for a week. But the problem is she is unemployed. But the whole trip will be sponsor of my auntie which is a visa holder of Japan. Does affidavit of support suffice instead of EMPLOYEE CERTIFICATE and itr.may you kindly answer.Godbless

    • Fe says:

      Same here. I want to apply my sister. She is unemployed and separated with her husband. I can sponsor her trip but im not sure if she will be approved since she’s of legal age with no work. Can i apply her as nanny?

    • Jan says:

      Yes Percy. There is not need for Certificate of Employment if the sister is really employed. No need to make it appear like she’s a nanny or something. Just make the affidavit of support state that the sister is unemployed. During application though, the visa officer may ask your aunt though why the sister needs to travel. Have your aunt prepare to answer the question in case she’s asked.

  69. Kay says:

    Hi! If I’m still a student but my parents have a BPI Gold Debit Card, can I submit it too as part of my requirements? And if ever, possible kaya makakuha ng multiple-entry visa as a student? I have been there naman last March. Thanks!

    • Tifarose says:

      Hi Kay I think your parents should apply a visa too for you to be able to get a multiple visa or might grant a visa under family application. My niece will submit her application tommorrow, shes a student also but i will be her guarantor, i will submit an afffidavit of support and my korean visa issued. all the requirements listed on korean website should be presented accordingly as a sponsor. I hope this will help you 🙂 Good luck.

    • Jan says:

      Hi Kay. Since you’re a student, you may file all the documents that your parents would file as if they’re the ones applying for a visa. Thus, if your parents have a BPI Gold Debit Card, you don’t need to file their bank statement and bank certificate and just submit their latest debit card statement instead. The grant of multiple-entry visa though is not guaranteed because the debit card is under the name of your parents, not yours. Also, a previous visit to Korea is also not a guarantee. I’ve had clients who have been to Korea multiple times in the past and they were only granted multiple entry when they submitted their BDO/BPI credit cards. Good luck!

  70. djkit says:

    Hi po i just want to ask. i don’t have COe or itr, pero i work homebased as an ESl teacher, , i do have US visa and a good bank statement. ok na po ba yun? thanks

    • Jan says:

      Hi. I have not applied for a freelancer but have interviewed some who got their approved visas. In lieu of the COE or ITR, you may submit a letter from one or two of your clients stating that you are a freelancet and that you have rendered or are under a contract to render services for them. And as a contingency measure for your lack of ITR, prepate a copy of your Transcript of Records. This validates that you are qualified to render the services as a freelancer. Hope this helps.

      • djkit says:

        Thanks for the reply.. anyway meron din ako BPI skymiles Master card i think exempted na ako sa ITR , ang ma pepresent ko lang ay, bank statement, US visa, may byahe kasi ako ng US this dec. pero uuwe din ako ng january. Inaalala ko lang yung strong ties in the phlippines. 6 days lang namin byahe ko .

      • Jan says:

        I see. Just double check if your card is included in the BPI tie up with the Embassy. As far as I know, BPI Skymiles Platinum card is included while regular Skymiles is not.

      • djkit says:

        yah nag check ako, kasama naman yung card ko.. problema ko nalang yung trabaho ko as ESL online, korean student pa naman ang hawak ko at chinese..

  71. maerin1992 says:

    Hi Jan!
    I have some questions:
    Is it okay if I pass BIR Form 2307? I am a contractual employee sa government (scientist).
    Is USD 500 enough to declare for a 4-day stay?
    I am planning to save up 40-50k for my bank certification. Is it okay if I deposit 10k a week? I earn 27k monthly, and I actually started saving up in September. However, I wasn’t able to deposit my savings to my main savings account after withdrawal from my payroll ATM, so I only started depositing this month (October). I’ll be applying for my visa by November 9.
    Thank you! 🙂

  72. Hong Mei Ling says:

    Hi Jan!

    I have some questions:

    Is it okay if I pass BIR Form 2307? I am a contractual employee sa government (scientist).

    Is USD 500 enough to declare for a 4-day stay?

    I am planning to save up 40-50k for my bank certification. Is it okay if I deposit 10k a week? I earn 27k monthly, and I actually started saving up in September. However, I wasn’t able to deposit my savings to my main savings account immediately after withdrawal from my payroll ATM (ang layo kasiiiiiii), so I only started depositing this month (October). I’ll be applying for my visa by November 9.

    Thank you! 🙂

  73. Caroline eduyag says:

    Hi. I’m pregnant and my boyfriend is korea we decided to visit korea so he will invite me to have tourist visa. But I my CEO was past August because I leave due to my pregnancy and I don’t have itr. What should I do so I can have a chance to approve my visa?

  74. liza says:

    Hi Jan. I just wanted to know if there’s a possibility to approve korean visa without bank account? my partner has a work and on his payroll account there’s not enough money to show,so he opted not to submit a bank cert and bank statement,instead he wrote a letter stating that he dont save money in the bank and willing to spend money in korea.I just can’t sleep well because I’m just so worried. pls help my burden.

  75. MARK says:

    Hello! We’re scheduled to travel ni misis sa Korea next month. Problema ko lang is yung visa application ko. I’m working as an online freelancer since August 2016. Si employer is based in Singapore. Nitong June lang ako nagstart magbayad ng tax kaya wala akong maipapakitang ITR. Ano mas magandang gawin? Mag-apply as online freelancer then submit the monthly and quarterly tax receipts/forms? Or mag-apply na lang as unemployed (wife is working as a regular employee)?

    • Christine says:

      Hi. May I know if you got approved? I am currently in the same situation, almost a yr plng as freelancer then kakastart lng din bayad ng tax. If you got approved, what docs did you submit? Thanks.

    • Lou Brigette Ramos says:

      Hi there. Your travel cost will depend on how long you’re going to stay in South Korea. When I applied, I put 600USD since I’m going to stay there for only 4 days (at least 150USD per day). My visa is approved, then.
      Hope this helped. 🙂

    • Jan says:

      There is no hard and fast rule, Minhyung. It will depend on your itinerary and it should also be commensurate with your financial standing (based on the docs you will submit for visa application). Suppose your itinerary will entail you 30k for 4 days. Your bank account should be able to support that. Hope this helps.

  76. abby says:

    Good day po! I want to ask po sana kung ano po requirements for unemployed since wala pong category for that status. I recently graduated from college and passed my board exam so going to SoKor will be my grad gift from my parents kaso I’m neither a student nor employed. My father, who is an OFW, will shoulder all my expenses pero I will be travelling alone. I have a Korean co-intern who will send me a letter of invite para mas malaki chance ma-approve yung visa. Wala din pong ITR yung father ko since OFW siya. Hoping for a reply po. Thank you in advance!

  77. Mark says:

    Hello po ! Student/minor po ako I have been to an OECD Member Country which is Italy in fact resident po ako. Kaya po I don’t hold an Italian visa nor schengen I only have An Italian permanent residency card and residents id. May stamps naman po ako sa passport ng Italy. So should I present them my Italian residency card ? baka po kasi hindi nila ibalik
    Another question po is both my parents are living abroad na they do not have local bank accounts as residents na din sila ng Italy, may alam po ba kayong pede nilang esubstitute sa Local Bank Certificates and Statements ?
    Thank you po:)

  78. Nailyaj says:

    Hi, I’m planning to bring my cousin to Korea next year as my graduation gift to her. I hold a Canadian passport so visa is not needed for my travel. I will be shouldering all our expenses and I was thinking of giving her an Affidavit of Support that she can submit with her requirements. Do you think I need to give her my bank certificate and statement as well? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thank you and have a good day!

  79. rane says:

    Hi Jan,
    Just a quick question…..you mentioned that some have said that almost all with OECD used visas are granted Korean visa….my Japan visa expired just last June of this year and we already applied last Friday, Sept 9 of this year…will it still count even if its expired for only a few months? All other documents were completely submitted including credit card statements from BDO. Thanks =)

  80. Princess says:

    Hi my sister is minor and my parents we’re both in Italy. They don’t have bank accounts here. Is it possible if my older sister can sponsor her? thanks!

    • Jan says:

      Hi Princess. Yes, the older sister can sponsor. Just present all the documents pertaining to the older sister PLUS their parents’ marriage certificate, the older sister’s birth certificate as well as the applicant’s (minor’s) birth certificate.

  81. Aiks says:

    Hi Jan, do they require the travel dates? Is it possible to apply for the visa and tell them that our target travel date is late October (we’re actually planning to go there on December)? Partner’s passport is expiring on May 2018 and the requirement is that passport must be valid for more than 6 months prior to the travel date.

    • Jan says:

      Yes, they need dates. Just input a safe date (during the 6month period prior to passport expiry) for application purposes. You don’t need to actually fly on those dates but at lease provide dates in your application.

  82. Kristin Escandelor says:

    i’m an ofw, and i plan to go to sokor on nov, wla nmn akong previous job s pinas kya d ako mkkpg present ng itr, ano po ang alternative s step n to? thank u and more power 🙂

  83. Lou says:

    Good day!

    I have a bank account since 2016 that is exclusively for my payroll. Recently (almost two months ago), I opened another account where I placed my personal savings. This is also where I save money, enough for my planned travel to Korea. The embassy requires the original or certified true copy of a bank statements or passbook for the last 3 months and I’m planning to use the account I recently opened. But I would like to know if the bank statement of my recent (2-month-old) bank account is OK for my visa application.


    • Kristin Escandelor says:

      up for this, i have the same problem also… mgoopen plng me next month and blak q mgtravel by november

      • Jan says:

        Hi Kristin. The embassy will require a bank account that is at least 3 mos old because that is a proof of stronger economic ties to the home country.

  84. jojeesusfreak says:

    Hi! What if hubby has a BDO Gold Credit Card and I am his supplementary card holder. We’re both employed and have a joint bank account. If he is exempted from submitting the financial statements like Bank Cert, Statements, ITR, does that mean I am as well? Or do I need to submit my own documents because supplementary card holder lang po ako? 🙂 Thanks for your attention!

    • Jan says:

      Hi. That’s right. Only your husband can make use of the credit card statement. As for you, you need to submit the usual requirements for bank/financial documents.

  85. Sae says:

    Hi! So my family and I (we are 4 btw) are planning to join a school tour in SK this October. Thing is my mom is a teacher and only has about 10-15k income per month but we all have bank accounts that have… well, let’s just say big amounts that we got as settlement from our father’s death last year. This is the money that we will be using for our trip. Will this cause any trouble for us? I’m afraid that we might get rejected because of the situation since technically, mom didn’t get the money from her income…

    Also, I’m already planning to go with my friends on a 2nd trip to SK next year but I will be unemployed by then as I will only graduate next year. Of course, I’ll be funding my own trip. Got any clue of how I can get a visa as an unemployed individual?

    Hoping for your reply soon, thank you! ❤

  86. rita says:

    Hi, my friend and I are planning to go to SK but apparently we’re both fresh grads and currently unemployed. can u give us some tips po? i read your post about unemployed but the thing is wala po kami bank acc well I have pero super konti ng laman as in :)) thank you po 🙂

  87. jess says:

    Hi Ms. Jan!
    Here’s my situation:
    – Currently, I’m an OFW here in UAE, already on notice period and last working day will be on Aug. 25.I will be back to Philippines to wait for my H1B Visa processing for my USA work. Last May 2017, me and friend decided to booked tickets already for Sept.SK (Sept. 17-23, 2017) trip. My friend is a pharmacist and currently employed in a government hospital, so she doesn’t have problem with the requirements needed. Supposed to be I will be applying here in UAE, but the thing is my visa will not be valid for 6 months so I did not anymore push thru with my application here, I decided to apply in Philippines. So here are my questions and clarifications:
    1. So technically, I will be unemployed once I come back to Philippines, but I have my own savings . I also have a joint account with my mother in BPI. I’m thinking that I will get an affidavit of support from my mother. So do you think, should I get an affidavit of support even though we have a joint account? If so, should I include my birth certificate, my mothers marriage certificate, my mother’s business permit, etc
    2. Will my COE here in UAE could also be presented?
    3. I am also thinking to provide a letter of intent, so that I could explain my situation.
    4. I already have US visa and visited USA last June 2016, so it means I will not provide anymore for the ITR because USA is inluded in the OECD member countries? I also traveled Hongkong, Singapore, Oman,and Bangkok( 5 times).
    5. I also intend to give a copy of my agreement contract from Medpro International the agency that will sponsor me for my H1b visa, and luckily they have an office there in Manila.Is it okay?
    Do you think Ms. Jan, I have a chance of getting an approved visa?
    Thank you so much. Hope you can help me with my queries.

  88. Insuk says:

    Hi, I have a previous job and I resigned June 2017 and I am currently taking a short course. I want to apply for a tourist visa. I am student but I can’t provide my parents’ bank certificate. How was that? Can I just provide my own bank certificate instead ? Since Ive worked before. Thankyou.

    • Jan says:

      That’s fine. Just present a certificate of employment from your old employer. They usually issue one when they give the last pay. You should have also received from them BIR form 2316 for the portion of the year that you have served. Then get a certificate from your school stating that you are currently enrolled. Present those along with your own bank statement and certificate.

      • Insuk says:

        Is attending in a training center can be considered as student? Because it is just a short course and they say they cant provide me a school id. And school id is one of the requirements. Thank you

  89. Jem says:

    Hi ms Jan, this is my situation, im an ofw dito sa uae kaso i already resigned my job dhil nghhnty po ako ng approval for my H1b visa sa pinas, i already book my tickets and all kc hoping na mkkapply p po ako dito sa uae. So pgdting ko pinas i will fix my docs,i have savings on the joint account with my mother in bpi. Ask po kelangan ko pa ponlya mg affidavit of support sa mama ko khit joint account nkmi? And wat other docs should i include po? Im thknking to put letter of intent ms jan.pls advise.thank you po. Dates book po kc will be sept 17-23

    • Jan says:

      You may submit an affidavit of support for your mother if she has no source of income. Then to prove relationship as regards the joint account, you need to submit your parents’ marriage certificate as well as your birth certificate.

      • Jem says:

        Ms jan, confirmed ko lng po do i need to get affidavit of support khit meron p ako savings but unemployed?

  90. JOYCE says:

    Hello Ms Jan. We are planning to apply for a Korean Tourist Visa on August 9, 2017. My problem is my daughter who is a Registered Nurse has just resigned from her work on July 31, 2017, because she will be working to another hospital, but her work will start on September 4, 2017.. Her previous employer gave her COE which stated that her work is until July 31, 2017 only. She has worked from previous employer since 2011. She has 2016 ITR. She has her own Bank Certificate. Plan to travel on September 13, 2017. What documents do we need to attach in place of COE, coz her new employer would not give her since technically her employment will start on September4, 2017. She is now preparing the requirements of her new employer. By the way, me and my husband are both employed, and we have all the needed requirements for the visa application. Please advise. Thanks.

  91. Mary says:

    Hi, I’d like to ask for your suggestion. I’m going to apply with my 1 year old son and my mother.

    Here’s our profile:
    Me: Housewife, has personal bank account, visited Japan and Korea once (single entry visa, within the last 5 years), has a sister who is a permanent resident in Korea.
    My husband who will not come along with us. He is a businessman with necessary permits such as DTI, etc.

    Mom: Businesswoman, been to Korea twice (single entry visa, within the last 5 years), BDO gold card holder, daughter is a permanent resident in Korea.

    Son: No travel history yet

    My question is what should I write regarding the funding of travel-related expenses. Can I write “myself” even if I’m a housewife? And even if I will submit my husband’s business permits? I’d rather use my bank account cause it has more transactions and movement.

    I also have a PENDING supplementary card application for BDO gold credit card from my mom.
    Should it be approved, can I also present it and also write that “I” will fund my travel expenses and my son’s? *Again, while me being a housewife.*

    Or do you have any suggestions as to how to proceed?
    I’d appreciate your response. Thanks!

    • Jan says:

      Hi Mary. It will be tricky if you go forward with the application as a housewife. Is the bank account a joint one where you are named as one of the depositors? If so, you can apply as a housewife but you need to present a marriage certificate. If it is solely under your name, you will need to prove your sources which means you will still need to submit your husband’s business and bank documents plus marriage certificate. The supplementary card won’t help because they also require a billing statement that is addressed to the applicant himself/herself. In your case, only your mom can use the card for visa application purposes. Good luck!

      • Mary says:

        Oh, by the way, if the bank account’s a joint with my husband, can I use that instead and state that my husband will be the one to fund the travel, even if he will not come with us?

      • Mary says:

        Hi Jan, this is Mary again. All of us were granted visa even I’m a housewife while presenting my personal bank docs.. not my husband’s. I just attached my husband’s business docs and I also stated that my sister will be covering my expenses, attaching all her korea docs. 🙂
        Thank GOD! Happy!

  92. kit says:

    Hi, I was granted a Korean visa last December 2016 . My requirements were complete although I was just working as a home-based esl teacher.I had an invitation from a Korean friend that time. Now I am planning to apply a Korean visa for the second time with complete requirements but with no letter of invitation.Is it safe to say I will get approved?

      • kit says:

        Hi Jan I wasn’t able to reply right away, I don’t know why the email notification from your blogs is on the spam area.Anyway I went there last September 2017. I stayed for a month. Then as soon as I came back to Ph I applied for a Chinese tourist visa. I got accepted and went to China last November 2017. Now I applied for the Korean tourist visa again ( for the third time) I got the result today. I was denied and the reason is I failed to qualify for the visa category. I was only applying for a gratis visa. It is really shattering to get this result. I did not expect it since I got two previous visa before and I’d been traveling to Asian countries. The only reason I can see is that I don’t have enough money – I only have 30 thousand pesos on my bank certificate. That is what I can see as of the moment.

      • Jan says:

        I’m sorry to hear that, Kit. It also weirds me out knowing that you have had your previous visa applications approved. They usually indicate the reason for denial like there’s no strong financial ties in the Phiippines. What did they state in yours?

      • kit says:

        I am still devastated until now. I got the news yesterday and i immediately look for some blogs about those people who got denied and whether they have to appeal.Sadly we can’t The reason was my I failed to qualify to the visa category that I was applying. I was only applying for a gratis but they categorized mine as frequent traveler so my friend submitted my application on window 3, came back after 3 days. I wasn’t even nervous about it because I was so confident I will not be denied. I think it was because of my money? I only got 30k on my bank account or maybe I travel too soon? I went there last September stayed for 34 days and now this December. But you know they don’t really give you the details or the real reason why someone got denied.

    • Antonella says:

      Hi Kit. I am working as an ESL teacher too however I have a problem regarding ITR. What the company provided is form 2307 and not 2316. What form did you submit?

    • MinHyo says:

      Hi Kit. Can you tell me the requirement you’ve sent last Dec 2016 and your latest application? Did you apply as an employee? I’ll appreciate your reply. Thanks!

      • kit says:

        Hi minyo the requirements that is listed in the websites are the same requirements I submitted I got approved twice but sadly on my third application I was denied

  93. Kaye says:

    Hi Jan, is it true na hindi considered yung previously issued Korean visa sa past OECD visa requirement? Been seeing a lot of posts about it.

    • Jan says:

      Hi Kaye. It is considered if the visa was issued and used in the last five years, i.e. you actually traveled tl Korea in the last 5 years.

  94. Alex says:

    Hi Ms. Jan! I have an old Korean visa (2015) on my old passport. I should photocopy that and the stamps and submit my old passport along with the requirements, am I correct? I’m planning to go to Korea next month 🙂 Thank you!

      • Alex says:

        Thanks for the quick reply! 🙂 I saw a post that I should staple my old and new passport but I’m not sure about this because it doesn’t seem right hehe. So should I just submit the requirements in order? (old passport after the bio page photocopy and before the COE) Sorry for having so many questions I just want to get it right 🙂

      • Jan says:

        Staple the back cover of your NEW passport with the front cover of your OLD passport. The DFA does that usually if the passport is renewed when there are still valid multiple entry visas.

      • Alex says:

        I see. My old Korean visa is just for single entry that’s why DFA did not staple it. I guess I should submit it as is. Thanks very much for answering my questions! Hope you have a nice day 🙂

  95. mae ong says:

    hi jan,
    this is a very helpful and informative post.. and updated too!
    would you mind sharing the format for the affidavit of support that you executed for your yaya? it tried calling the embassy but nobody was answering at the visa section. thanks in advance.

  96. angie says:

    Hi, im just wondering if my sister can sponsor me for our trip? Can she apply for my visa? im living in Canada anf i dont have any bank account in the Philippines.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s